Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Critical Mass

I wrote this on facebook in the middle of a "John-esque" fit. I thought that I would repost it here because I would be lying to myself if I said that it had nothing to do with the book.

Critical mass…nuclear meltdown…emotional turmoil, call it what you will. Sometimes it happens. You go and go and go and then you hit a wall. It could be financial, it could be emotional, or it could be an internalization of it all. It happens.
Sometimes you know why, and sometimes it doesn't matter if you know why or not. It still blindsides you and fucks you up.
Sometimes you cause it to happen to yourself; sometimes it is inflicted on you by someone else, or some circumstance. Sometimes it is all of these reasons.
Happiness is a state of mind. Trust, respect, and integrity have to come from within. Sometimes, it is too dark within to locate any of this.
In the end you go on and you are okay, because the other available options are so horrific that nothing good can come from them.
Press on, my friends, as will I.

1 comment:

  1. "The sum of all human wisdom will be contained in these two words: Wait and Hope." - A. Dumas

    ReplyDelete