Thursday, July 21, 2011

It's not derailment...it's the next step.

Or at least that is what I am telling myself. I don't know where these thoughts come from, the thoughts for stories and characters - all of that stuff, but I am glad for them. It is like writing one story has opened the flood gate and I have all of these characters popping in and out of my head wanting 'their turn' - it reminds me of that scene in Ghost where Whoopi Goldberg has this line of ghosts waiting to talk to their loved ones through her, except my people aren't dead, they are imaginary. Don't tell the authorities...I'd probably get locked up in a padded cell.
Anyway, I got this idea for a story last night and I wrote out the first couple hundred words of a scene, today I wrote a three page outline, and just in the last two hours - I've written the first thousand or so words so that my two main characters have solid "working voices" so that I have a "jumping off" point when it is time. 
Still Love is not done and I've not stopped working on it. It currently stands at 68,118 words. My goal is 80,000. I think that is an absolutely obtainable goal. If there is more to the story, that's even better!
My biggest fear about writing isn't that no one will like what I write - I tend to not really be terribly concerned about what others think of me. It gives me a headache. My biggest concern was that I would write a story and then I would be completely out of ideas. Ha! Presently, I appear to have between five and seven potential books to go with, four of which have out lines and three of the four belong to a trilogy/series!
I know I promised to introduce the characters from Still Love -  I am still working on that without giving away the good stuff! It's harder to do than I had originally thought, but not impossible!

No comments:

Post a Comment