Friday, August 12, 2011

Airian


Airian Davis was an afterthought, but he has taken my story to previously unimaginable heights.
Airian is young, extremely young, and a former lover of Bayne’s. Airian falls into the plot – changing it and enriching it in ways that I could have never imagined. Never before have I allowed a fictional character so much freedom to do as he pleases in one of my stories. I misheard “Aaron” one day as “Airian” and then this richly flamboyant character stole the story! He possessed John and Bayne in ways that I had no concept of and took the story in a most unexpected direction! Airian is the heart of everything. He is broken, beaten and abused, yet he maintains vulnerability and an innocence that should be completely unattainable in a character with a past like his. Airian is a thing of beauty. He is twenty years old, almost six-feet tall, and has long blond hair. Airian is the man that you want to huddle into your embrace and protect with your dying breath. He is of the image of the gods and damned all at once.
*I had the great fortune of finding a physical representation of Airian. I like having a physical picture of my characters beyond the one that exists in my mind, but to date – Airian is the only one who has one. I won’t embarrass the real man by naming him – ever – but my astonishment remains that there is someone out there who is as beautiful as the Airian that I had imagined.

No comments:

Post a Comment