Monday, August 15, 2011

Impromptu Blog!

It's an impromptu blog! Are you excited? I am!!
First things first, if you follow me on twitter and/or facebook - you will see that I posted about Adam Lambert having won the 2011 "Equality Idol Award" for his commitment to LGBT youths. This is positively amazing to me, kudos to Adam! One of my biggest hopes is that my writing will eventually serve as more than just a means for me to love what I do and to do what I love. I see these causes and have no idea of how to become involved. The community college that I attend has a Gay/Straight Alliance, this fall I intend upon becoming involve. A small effort, but still hugely important – I hope. If it doesn't make you angry that people are being persecuted for their sexual preferences, well, shame on you. How long before we turn a blind eye then to other persecutions as many have in the past.
Soapbox aside - I reached 80K+ words with Bayne and John tonight. It is a small achievement, yes, but still important to me. Again, the book has a working title of "Still Love" it is a story of love and loss in relation to a gay couple. Why is the working title so significant to me? Because, it is still love - no matter who the players are, people! - Oops...there goes the soapbox again... While we're on the aforementioned soapbox, I wanted to share something with you all that now has a greater meaning to me. I read something once where one author had made a post, and not a flattering one, about another author who had said something (this is not a direct quote) along the lines of: "Q: How do you write? A: You sit down at the keyboard and bleed." I have to say, being in round two of edits and just having reached my preliminary goal of 80K valuable words, I agree. I have become so close to my characters that they are, in a way, an extension of me. When they hurt, I hurt; when they love, I love; and when they are abused, I bleed.
I hope that someday, you will all get to read my book, because I am vain. I also hope that someday my book will be as important to someone else as it is to me - not because of the sex scenes and the fact that they are "hot" sex scenes, but because of the love.
Goodnight, all.
=





No comments:

Post a Comment