Sunday, June 26, 2011

Progress...or so I've been told.

The farther I get in my story - the more layers of complications and drama that I find, or rather, I get sucked into unknowingly!
I've been told that I do not blog enough, so I thought that I would make a quick update. Occasionally, I make updates via Twitter - if I knew how to direct you to that, I would. I will pester Patrick about it later...he is my web-guru!
Today brought a huge and unexpected change in events for my characters, but if there is one thing that I've learned from this process, it is that you do not argue with your characters. It's their story and they know what happens. I only know where it starts and where it ends - it is up to my characters to tell me how we are going to get there. 
I wrote a fairly decent 20 pages or so today - judging from one of the blogs that I follow that is written by an author who knows what she is doing - that number isn't too shabby.
The other thing that I've learned, thus far, is that it is a good thing to have people who know that you are writing and at least one or two trusted readers. I value this. It keeps me going when I feel like pulling the plug on the whole thing and it also reassures me that even though this is a rough first draft of what is quickly approaching novel length - I have something that people might be interested in reading.
In a side note - Go New York! I am super excited about their decision towards same-sex marriages!
Hang in there with me; soon, I will be introducing everyone to my characters in this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment