Sunday, June 12, 2011

Greetings, and all that jazz...

This is the first of (hopefully) many blogs on many different aspects of my life, primarily, my adventures in writing. Why should you care? You shouldn't, and that's fine, but in the event that you find yourself stopping by anyway - thanks for hanging out with me!
My goals for this blog are simple. I need a place to talk about the book that I am attempting to write. What are my qualifications to write? I have none, really, other than my desire to do so. Reading and writing have been a part of my life for longer than I can remember. My mother led a creative writing group throughout most of my childhood years and sometimes she and the other members of the group let me participate even though my stories had to be simply dreadful, this all happened probably around age nine or ten for me.
This year I went back to school. I am taking classes at Lake Michigan College to earn my associates in English and considering transferring to Purdue North Central when it is time to begin working on a bachelor's degree.
I have a son who is very tolerant of his flighty/creative minded mother--so long as he has a wide array of snacks and opportunity to chitchat – so it works well. He probably wishes, however, that I would stop handing him books to read. He hasn’t shown much interest in reading yet, but he’s still young – there is plenty of time!
In the midst of all of this and working a full time job - I've lain the foundation for what could very well be my first novel, I’m excited about it, anyway! Its working title is Still Love and it deals with a topic near and dear to me, love. Furthermore, it is about same sex relations, which is another topic that I feel very strongly about. I loathe the fact that our state and national governments feel qualified to tell people who they can and cannot love, based upon what exactly, is what I would like to know. Love is love, or it should be.
Thanks for stopping by and I hope that we will all learn something from my adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment