Sunday, October 16, 2011

It's been awhile...

Yes, I am still working with Bayne & John. I want perfection. I want people to see that love between men is...still love. Perhaps I am asking too much of myself and of the general population, but I demand it just the same.
I feel as though something important is added with each pass. I feel as though the love is stronger with each touch. There is pain, death, and drama in nearly every chapter - but I also demand love and beauty. I want human emotion and artistic prose.
I want a novel.
I hope to be done by May 2012. Beyond that, I am just dragging my feet and experiencing artistic denial. Here is a "snippet" from the book, for your entertainment :)


“Feel guilty?” Bayne murmured against my still closed mouth.
“Yeah…” I sighed, and finally parted my lips to him.
“Don’t, John...” He said, and then sucked my bottom lip sharply between his own lips, and nipping lightly, before having pulled away just enough to speak again. “...do you honestly think that we are the first two men to have ever kissed?”

No comments:

Post a Comment